Rochdale Sixth Form College places a very strong emphasis on the involvement of its students in the running and organisation of the College. We are keen to ensure that students shape our future direction and seek student views through focus groups, questionnaires and the Student Union.
The Student Union is led by the President and Vice President, along with a number of SU members. The President and Vice President, regularly visit tutorials to gain student views on a range of subjects.
The main responsibilities of the President and Vice President are:
- To communicate key issues in College with the student body and the staff.
- Campaign for and promote positive changes within the College for the benefit of the College community.
- Attend some governor's meetings and update them on the issues in College and the work of the SU.
- Organise and execute events for the student body.
- Represent the College at events both in and outside of College.
- Act as a role model to other students.
- Hold regular meetings with and direct the SU cabinet on their duties.
If you have any suggestions or would like to get in touch with the SU, please email: